Schedule your LASIK Consultation
Free. No Obligation. No Pressure.
Meet our LASIK Specialist for a one-on-one consultation to see if LASIK is right for you.
Schedule Your FREE LASIK Consultation
Please fill out all information. This information will only be used to provide you a custom consultation specifically suited for your vision.
Why is the LASIK Consultation and Exam important?
Whether or not LASIK is right for your eyes can only be determined by a LASIK examination, which should include multiple scans of your eye to map your exact vision characteristics. The entire process takes about 90 minutes and allows you and Dr. Meyer to make an informed decision about your vision.
We administer one of the most thorough examination processes in the region, because we know that the best way we can assure you of a successful outcome, is by making sure that you’re the perfect LASIK candidate in the first place.
The Health of Your Eyes
No two eyes are the same. The thickness of your cornea, the health of your eye, the amount of refractive error, and the effects of aging, all play a part in determining whether your eyes are well-suited for LASIK. You can’t guess at these things and neither can the doctor. You both have to take the time to find out for sure and it’s time well-invested.
No Sales Pressure
On average, an experienced and conscientious LAISK surgeon will reject up to 20% of applicants due to general eye health or the condition of the cornea. The purpose of the LASIK consultation is to find out if you are a good candidate; not to sell you something. After the consultation, it’s up to you to decide what the next step should be. If LASIK isn’t right for you, our surgeons might suggest alternate procedures.
What Happens At The Free LASIK Consultation?
First, you will meet with one of our Refractive Counselors who will generally discuss your vision correction options, the technology we use, let you know about our financing options, and answer any questions you may have.
Next, you’ll have a full eye exam with one of our physicians, which includes:
- Taking a complete medical history of your eyes and eye health.
- Corneal topography exam. A corneal topography exam maps the contour and shape of your cornea to determine your cornea’s condition (how thick it is, etc).
- The next step is to determine your overall eye health by taking a Retinal Scan.
- Then using Wavefront diagnostics we’ll develop a detailed three-dimensional map of your entire optical system.
Dr. Meyer and Dr. Pattar uses all this data to determine if you're a good candidate for laser eye surgery and to personalize your treatment. In some cases, the Wavefront diagnosis may indicate that LASIK surgery is not advisable at all. No one should consider laser eye surgery without first having a Custom Wavefront diagnostic test.
These tests are then followed by:
- Pupilometer exam to allow us to measure pupil size in dim and bright light. Accurate measurements of your pupil along with a custom surgery plan will significantly reduce chance of halos and glare associated with night driving.
- Finally, a slit lamp exam to additionally diagnose and monitor the health of your eyes, both inside and out.
After these tests, Dr. Meyer or Dr. Pattar will go over the results and discuss any quality of life issues with regards to LASIK. The entire Consultation process takes about 90 minutes and by the end of it you will be ready to make a fully informed decision about your vision.