Your Health and Safety is Always Our Goal at The Eye Care Institute
Following is a list of our everyday precautions as well as hopefully, temporary, changes due to COVID 19:
- Doctors and staff use foaming alcohol before and after each patient encounter.
- Our slit lamp microscopes have breath guards to deflect breath between the doctor and patient.
- All instruments which touch the patients’ face or eyes are being cleaned with alcohol wipes, or appropriate cleanser, before actually touching the patients’ face or eyes.
- All patient touchpoints, including medical devices, arms of chairs, door handles, and more, are cleaned between each use or at least every two hours, as appropriate.
- Patient registration kiosks are wiped with cleanser between each patient use.
- We temporarily changed our patient flow system so that patients are less likely to be in larger public areas such as our outer and inner lobbies. We are attempting to provide social distance by conducting most of the patient experience in an exam room.
- As some use of lobby space for patient waiting is required, we have increased the distance between each lobby chair.
- All doctors and staff are receiving briefings on public health, patient health, and personal safety at least twice per day.
- All staff regularly receive in-services on hand washing, cleaning of instruments and surfaces, and other hygiene matters. This will be repeated at least every other day during this pandemic situation.
- Annually, we provide over 80 hours of education and in-services to our staff members. For the foreseeable future, all such training will be regarding public health and virus protection.
This update is provided by our CEO, Mark Prussian, who is always passionate about healthcare, but has a particular interest in public health administration. He is monitoring updates from the CDC, Johns Hopkins Public Health and industry medical societies. Mark’s responsibilities include being our Public Health Officer with authority and responsibility for keeping our patients, staff, and doctors safe.
In your best interest,
The Doctors of The Eye Care Institute, and
Mark M. Prussian, MBA, FACHE, COE